Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mother Dearest : )

I know this is a week late, but last week Friday (the 17th--aka my mom's birthday) I was leaving for YATEC. So a belated list of things I love about my...

M is for modest and not just in the clothing department. My mom is very humble and I can't think of a time when she put her own needs before others. I love it when my dad compliments her in anything because she kinda blushes. : )

O is for optimistic. I love that my mom's natural demeanor is cheerful and upbeat. I can't remember the last time I've heard a complaint come out of her mouth. She's just good at seeing the good in people.

T is for talented. My mom is super creative...in home decor, scrap booking, cake decorating, you name it!) My mom is a really good chef & baker. My mom is good at picking out the perfect gifts for people. My mom is talented at balancing a full schedule. My mom is good at caring for her family. My mom is really talented at being a mom. My mom is not talented at texting. : )

H is for heartwarming smiler. If you've ever talked to my mom, I'd be willing to bet that she smiled at you almost immediately. And not just one of those "I-should-smile-to-be-nice" smiles, but a smile that's genuine and sincere. That warms your heart. She's got a one-in-a-million smile and she's always willing to share it with others. This quote by Mother Theresa makes me think of her: "Remember to smile, always. Smiles are infectious. And the more it costs us, the more precious it is. Smiling is our first act of love. It's a sign of our love for God."

E is for encourager. My mom is good at writing little encouraging notes or emails. She tells me what she appreciates about me. Just showing that she cares about me is encouraging. I'm not sure if my mom has ever put me down. All of her characteristics naturally encourage me.

R is for relaxed. I mentioned this for Christa, too, but it's true. My mom is not your typical mother-worrier. I know she cares about us, but I think it's just because she trusts in God so much that she can't worry. My mom is also very submissive and a great example of how to be a loving and respectful wife. : )

The only picture I had with my mom on the computer. Sad : /

No comments:

Post a Comment