Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My sister :)

Just a little acrostic of some things that I love about Sista Christa :) Happy 24th Birthday!! Love you lots:)

C is for contagious. My sister has a really big heart filled with love for a lot of people. She's passionate about helping. She's passionate about justice. She's passionate about people from other countries. Her passion is contagious--thanks for letting me catch it, Christa! ;)

H is for hearing. Also known as listener. My sister is good at listening to me and really hearing what I have to say. Then she's never afraid to offer me her advice/feedback. :)

R is for relaxed. Christa is very carefree and does not worry about a lot of things. I think we both take after our mom in that. I don't know what I would do with an uptight sister. I think we both agree that life is better when it's happy-go-lucky. :)

I is for inspirational. As a younger sister, of course I want to copy everything that my cool, older sister does. But not only is she inspirational to me, she inspires so many others. Her love for the Lord and willingness to give anything and everything to Him is inspiring because it's exactly what Jesus did!

S is for sacrificial. My sister is living half way around the world, away from friends and family, trying to raise her own support, and teaching in a university that will probably never comprehend how big of a gift she is to the school. Christa knows what it means to lay down her life for her neighbor. She sacrifices a lot and gets very little thanks. She does it out of faithfulness to God.

T is for talkative. If you've ever had a conversation with my sister, you know that you'll never have to worry about an awkward silence. Christa has a bazillion questions for you and she genuinely cares about the answer. My sister is really good at making you feel like you're the most important person in the world.

A is for abider. My sister follows Jesus' words in John 15. She abides in Christ and He abides in her. This is why she produces much fruit. And when you produce much fruit, you are Jesus' true disciples. That brings true glory to the Father. (John 15:8)


Quite the girl, huh? I understand if you want her to be your sister...but sorry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment