Saturday, December 24, 2011

Great Minds Think Alike

Merry Christmas!! Notice the new Christmasy background?? ;]
I was up early again today. I don't know what my deal is...
Anyway! Our Christmas party yesterday was fun. We made wire ornaments, cut paper snowflakes, and decorated Christmas cookies. We also played the game where you have to open a gift with oven mitts on and a body-part match-up game. The music would play and the students would walk around the room. When the music stopped, the students had to find their partner and match-up whatever body parts the teacher called out. Very entertaining :] Then we just chatted for a while--there were a few guys that knew English okay so I got to talk with them and learned some more Lao, too. Christa and Steph (another teacher) got lots of little gifts from their students. They love to give little stuffed animals. :]
After we left Steph's house, Christa and I did some shopping at the night market and I bought some souvenirs for some people--my favorite! :] I was looking at a T-shirt shop and found one that I wanted to buy for myself, but right when I was going to ask the man how much it was, Christa told me to wait because she actually bought me a T-shirt to open on Christmas morning. I also was going to buy slippers from the market but found those in her closet for me to open, too. So great minds think alike I guess! :] Now I still won't have any gifts to open this morning, but that's quite alright. I had plenty before I came here.
When the rest of the house wakes up, we will open gifts and maybe have some worship time. The foreigner's church where Christa usually goes does not have a service today, so we will be going to another ELI teacher's house for brunch and Christmas movies most of the day.
For you Americans, a notice on Christmas Day--it is definitely merry so far in case you were worried ;] Here's to hoping you sleep in past 4 am though! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment