Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Carols Retake

Often times when I sing Christmas carols, I fail to reflect on the words because I've heard & sung them so often. So this morning, I've really enjoyed just reading through some instead. Thought I would "pass it on" ;]

O Little Town of Bethlehem
All the verses are good, but I especially liked these two :]
How silently, how silently,
The wondrous gift is given;
So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of His Heaven.
No ear may hear His coming,
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive Him still,
The dear Christ enters in.

O holy Child of Bethlehem,
Descend to us, we pray!
Cast out our sin and enter in,
Be born in us to-day.
We hear the Christmas angels,
The great glad tidings tell;
O come to us, abide with us,
Our Lord Emmanuel!

Away in a Manger
Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask Thee to stay.
Close by me forever,
And love me I pray.
Bless all Thy dear children,
In Thy tender care.
And fit us for heaven,
To live with Thee there.

Go, Tell It On the Mountain
I've never actually heard these verses before but I like 'em! :]
When I was a seeker
I sought both night and day
I sought the Lord to help me
And He showed me the way.


Go, tell it on the mountain
Over the hills and everywhere
Go, tell it on the mountain
That Jesus Christ is born.


He made me a watchman
Upon the city wall
And If I am a Christian
I am the least of all.


Go, tell it on the mountain
Over the hills and everywhere
Go, tell it on the mountain
That Jesus Christ is born.

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is probably my new-found favorite. You can check it out here with the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment