Friday, November 11, 2011

I'm thankful for . . .

volleyball.
Seriously--what a fun sport. And practice is FUN--none of that "endurance" stuff. Just jumping around and smacking those balls as hard as possible. (Okay, maybe there's a little more to it than that, but still : )
It's still kind of surreal that the season is over. I've only been done for two days, but I guess part of me still thinks practice will be starting up again any day now. Nope . . .
But it was a fun season. Sure, we had our ups and downs--more so than any other year combined, but I know I sure learned a lot. It's crazy the parallels you can find between life and volleyball. God's pretty good at teaching me stuff that way. : )
I'm thankful for the opportunity to get to know 30 people that I probably wouldn't have known any other way.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to travel all over the Midwest (and to California) to play this wonderful sport. The many long rides to these locations provided the perfect opportunity to connect with people on a deeper level and to just spend some more quality time with God.
I'm thankful for the self-discipline volleyball helped teach me--when my time is limited, I have to be a good steward with the time I do have.
I'm thankful that I get to glorify God just by going out on that court, giving my all, encouraging my teammates, entertaining the fans, and having a super fun time.
The season didn't end the way we envisioned at Nationals, but I think we can still say that it ended the way we hoped--glorifying God every step of the way. And you betcha I'm thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment