Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm thankful for . . .

Skype!
Which just may be a roundabout way of saying that I'm thankful for my sista Christa. : )
I can't even imagine trying to stay in touch with her any other way. Seriously, how did people do it before? I would hate only getting a letter from her like once a month. That'd be so hard.
So yeah, I'm super thankful for Skype because it's kept us connected so well. Almost every Thursday morning I get to sit down and chat with her for an hour. Face to face, thousands of miles apart. That is so cool!
Enough about Skype! I wouldn't even be thankful for it if I didn't have someone so great to talk to on the other end. And why is she so great?
She has always been such a good example for me to look up to. Other than Jesus, she's the next person that I can look to for what to do. I'm so blessed to have such a good example so close to me--a lot of people don't get that.
And Christa's so adventurous! Which I think is because she's so trusting. Some might call it naive, but I think it's simply because Christa has a wonderful child-like faith in God. She trusts Him to keep her safe no matter what, so there's absolutely no where on the entire globe that she wouldn't go. (Besides Antarctica maybe?)
And another thing on trust--she never really worries about anything. Like right now she's way short on her funding for Laos, but it doesn't even phase her. "If God wants me to be here, He'll make a way." Yup.
And on top of all that, I get to hang out & laugh with this girl, tell her about my life, hear about hers... We get to encourage each other, pray for each other...the thankful list goes on.
Did I mention I'm going to Laos over Christmas break to spend 2 weeks with this girl?? Pumped : )
I am blessed with an amazing sister.
All praise to the Great Provider : )

No comments:

Post a Comment