Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Chapter!

I mentioned in my last post, that I had the opportunity to go to a middle schooler's retreat in Minneapolis this weekend. It was called Power Connection and boy did it live up to that name! I was blessed to witness the Spirit's power in middle schooler's hearts this weekend. They connected with Abba Father's heart in a new way. They connected with each other. And they've connected with me. I'm pumped to see what this coming school year holds for them. I'm excited to find out how God will use me in the puzzle, too. Join with me in praising God for His work in their lives and for what He will do! :)

Those of you who read my last post also know that Saturday was my "would be wedding day." This is my big shoutout and THANKYOU to each and every one of you who kept me in your thoughts and prayers throughout the past days, weeks, and months. Some of you maybe had a bigger role than others, but regardless--I am thankful & it was noticed! Jesus heard every single one of your prayers and was faithful to answer them. Thankyou for interceding for me and being a prayer warrior. Thankyou for the Facebook messages and emails. Thankyou for risking an uncomfortable conversation to ask how I'm actually doing. Thanks for being gracious and understanding of my hurts when I had to vent. You were all part of my healing process. I wouldn't be where I am today without your constant love, support, encouragement, and prayers. It was basically impossible for me to doubt God's goodness and love for me in the midst of my suffering because of the way that He loved me and was good to me through all of you. Thankyou for being His vessel. I hope I can return the favor someday. :)

Two weeks from today Dordt's pre-season starts. In case you didn't already know, I was offered the JV coaching position at Dordt. I will be doing that along with substitute teaching in the area and hopefully some youth ministry, too. So that means I am currently looking for an apartment in Sioux Center. BUT! I'm not being an obsessive planner about it. That's one of the many things I learned through my situation with Matt. I'm learning to trust God more for each day and not think I need to plan ahead so much. I know it's a gift to be a planner/organizer, but I was using that gift to an unhealthy/obsessive degree. So now, Jesus has given me an opportunity to put that new learning into practice. Rather than get worked up about not finding an apartment right away and calling people like crazy, I'm trying my best to trust Jesus that He has a place in store for me and that I will find it in due time. (I should also mention that it's easy for me to not get too worked up because my wonderful parents would never kick me out and I could commute.:)

My best friend and sister left for Laos yesterday. Words can't fully express how thankful I am that she came home when she did. Usually she comes home from mid-July to mid-September. This year, she is slightly changing jobs and moving to a different city. Because of that, she came home in mid-June and stayed til now. I'm soooo thankful that I could spend the past 7 weeks with her. I'm so thankful to have a friend that I can be completely open with and say all the stupid, not-so-Christian things that I'm feeling and she'll never stop being my friend. I'm sot thankful for how she sees Jesus working. I'm so thankful that she reminded me of the Truths I already knew and was forgetting. God is so good in bringing her home a month earlier than usual. Isn't it amazing how He weaves everything together?? :)

So with the wedding date behind me, Christa back in Laos, and volleyball season just around the corner, I am more than ready to start a new chapter in life! I'm excited for my own flexible schedule. I'm excited for getting more regularly involved in ministries. I'm excited to decorate my apartment with all the crafty things I've been doing this summer too! Remember this blogpost?? The seasons have changed--spring has returned!! Deep down, I knew it would. :) Take this moment with me to praise God for His faithfulness!!
In the words of the worship leader at Power Connection.
God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good!

1 comment: