Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 1

Christa picked me around 11am and we took a taxi back. First thing we did when we got here was empty my suitcase and give her all the food and gifts she got from everyone :]
Then I took a shower and we went for lunch at the Common Grounds. It's a cute American-style coffee shop. I like the name :] Then we walked around a little bit before going to Maurice & Corky's (Christa's leaders) house for their weekly Wednesday group meetings with the other ELI teachers. I wasn't feeling tired until we sat down to start our meeting. I heard the majority of Maurice's devotional on a piano tuning analogy and was able to worship for a while, but by then I couldn't keep my eyes open to save my life. I wanted to be at the meeting just to see/hear the group dynamics and get to know them a little better, but instead I basically passed out upstairs for two hours. :] Much needed though. It was great.
Then we went out to eat with the group and got back around 9pm. I slept from 10:30pm to 6am after taking a Tylenol PM so I'm hoping that I'm on Lao time now--that'd be wonderful :]
This morning, Christa and I went to a track near by for a run, made banana-berry smoothies and coffee for breakfast, and have just been relaxing all morning. Soon, we're leaving for her school. I think I get to help one of her students practice his English just by talking with him while she teaches the class. Time to get my sinh on! :] (That's the Lao skirts, fyi)

No comments:

Post a Comment