Sunday, December 4, 2011

Alphabet of Thankfulness

Well, November and Thanksgiving are over, but I'm still feeling thankful!
Thanksgiving night, my parents drove me down to Omaha to catch another MegaBus to Chicago. So I got to spend the next 2 1/2 days in Chicago with Matt! : ) Besides doing a whole bunch of touristy things, enjoying all the Christmas decorations, drinking Starbucks, and trying Thai & Indian food for the first time, we got to spend some quality time together. One of those times was going through the alphabet of things we're thankful for. Here's what we came up with:
Airplanes to travel to see family & friends
Berries & Bananas--really all kinds of fruit are worthy of thankfulness
Christmas season--it really is the most wonderful time of the year
Danae--This was not my idea...I'm not that vain. : )
Ears & Eyes that function
Family
God
Holding Hands : )
Iowa
Jam
Kids
Laughter & Letters
Matt--This one was my idea : )
Nighttime walks
Originality
Pancakes
Roommates (and other friends)
Stars (including the Sun)
Talents
Understanding
Victory over death
Washington
Xcitement
Yellow (and all things bright & cheerful)
Zechariah 4:10

Interesting quote from Campus Life tonight (a middle school youth group I help out with): "If you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today, what would you have?"
Here's to waking up to at least 26 wonderful things! : )
Enjoying Christmas-y downtown Michigan Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment