Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm thankful for . . .

my jobs.
I may complain about 'em sometimes (which I need to work on...) but really they are perfect for me. My front desk job at the Rec Center has given me the opportunity to get to know a lot of people, especially the coaches, that I otherwise wouldn't have the chance to know at that level. During the school year, it's one of the few work-study jobs on campus that you can do homework during as long as everything is caught up. During the summer, it's just an awesome opportunity to be able to read a ton of books, journal my heart out, Skype my sissy, and anything else I can think of. Like I said, it's perfect for me. : )
My other job is at Royale Meadows nursing home here in Sioux Center. This job, too, has given me the opportunity to make connections with people I otherwise wouldn't. I also love that I can pick up shifts pretty easily whenever I wanna make a little extra money. Plus, it's just go, go, go which makes me feel really productive and makes up for my other job. : ) I love being able to chat with the residents and ask them almost anything. I've found that I'm more comfortable talking to adults in general after taking this job. Oh, and I get free peanut butter packets which come in really handy for sack-lunches with a banana. : )
To top it all off, these jobs provide me with an income! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment