Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm thankful for . . .

coffee shops.
Typical college-student answer, I suppose, but in fact, I'm sitting in Butler's coffee shop in Sioux Center as I write this so no better time to comment on my gratitude than now!
I'm thankful for the cozy atmosphere--gezellig, anyone? ; )
I'm thankful for the chance to get away by myself to do some reading, homework, spend time with God, or usually a good combination of the three.
I'm thankful for the deep conversations that coffee shops always seem to help bring about. You don't go to catch up with a friend at a coffee shop just for chit-chat. You get to talk about what really matters--how are you doing? with God, with friends, with "special" friends, with family, with work, with school, with life? I love talking about that
I'm thankful that God gave me taste buds to enjoy the incredible variety of drinks--hot or cold--that are offered at coffee shops. I'm not one of those "I'll just have the regular" type of girls--I like variety. And I'm always amazed at the creativity in the combinations of flavors that go into these drinks. I really, really enjoy them : ) Crazy thought: Can you imagine if we didn't have taste buds?

Recommendation: Find an extra hour (even if it means waking up early) in your day to go spend at a local coffee shop with God and a good cup of coffee. You won't regret it. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment