Sunday, October 9, 2011

better than a dozen roses

As if Sundays weren't already my favorite day of the week, God gave me yet another reason to absolutely love today. :)
     I woke up around 7:20 on my own and had plenty of time for a run in the perfect running weather. Right as I turned the corner to run along the east side of town, I see the bright red tip of the sun just coming up. That whole stretch, I got to watch the sunrise as I ran and talked with my Beloved. Amazing :) God knows how infatuated I am with the sun, and He loves to romance my heart with special sunrises or sunsets just for me. I'll take that over a dozen roses any day. I know--I'm so spoiled. :)

But just wait--it gets better :)
     I ran through Dordt's Prairie next, and it seriously looked like a picture right out of a calendar. The yellow flowers and tall grass were peeking through low fog and in the background the golden sun shown through the trees. I wish I had my camera....Meanwhile, my mp3 player has Kari Jobe singing "You are holy, holy" in my ears, and all I can do is stop, stare, and soak it all in.

I can't think of a better start to my day...and the rest of the day followed in suit.
*Sunday School was canceled at Christ Community today, but five us didn't get the memo. Our own little God-talk outside on the front lawn of church? Check.
*Wonderful church service with a good sermon about Jesus being the Resurrection and the Life right now in the present--not the future? Check.
*Meal with roommates and other friends? Check.
*Some really, really good conversations with special people in my life? Check.
*First time (of hopefully many) at LeMar's Asylum Middle School Group? Check.
*Relaxation before another full week? Check.

"If you know the Lord has been good to you then sing! jump! dance!"
Check, check check.

No comments:

Post a Comment