Saturday, June 8, 2013

Waiting Counts Too

I like to think that I have a little thing with God and books. I think He likes to help me pick out the perfect book to read at just the right time so that basically every word applies to my current life situation. That couldn't be more true for the book I'm reading now: If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to Get Out of the Boat by John Ortberg. When I started reading the book, I really didn't have much of a reason. It was simply lying around the house, and I didn't want to watch TV. At first it was about taking risks, ya know--get out of the boat. So I thought of it a lot in relation to what I was going to do for a job, where to live, etc. Pretty applicable for sure, but now he's moved on to some even more applicable things.
I just finished a chapter titled "Learning to Wait." If you've read any of my other blogposts, you can understand why this was so relevant.
Well, I appreciated this chapter so much that I even took the time to scan all 10 pages for your own benefit, as well. Maybe you don't need it all that much right now, but someday you will. The author agrees with me that "Every one of us, at some junctures of our lies, will have to learn to wait." So whether you like it or not, this chapter is going to apply to you at some time. And when it does, I hope that it can benefit you as much as it did me. So here I am--passing it on, because I think it's just oh so nice to realize that you're not the only one who feels what you're feeling sometimes. :)
Learning to Wait 
It's pretty long, and it definitely can't be finished in a 10 minute sitting. But I also underlined some of my favorite parts...so maybe you can scroll through and find those for now. The title of this blog is close to the end. It talks about a passage from Isaiah that is near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment