Friday, May 3, 2013

Come & Listen

      For the past 6 weeks, I've listened to the same 17 songs in my car over and over and over again. I don't necessarily consider myself a super musical person, but oh my goodness, I don't know what I would do without that CD.
     Songs are such a wonderful gift! When I had no idea what to say to Jesus, those songs said it for me. Even though I didn't feel it at the time, I knew deep down that every word in every song was Truth. Yes, Jesus would have accepted my questions and frustrations and accusations and He would have handled them with such tender mercy. But I knew that those words wouldn't really get me anywhere & they wouldn't really bring me to Jesus feet where healing takes place.
     I wanted to tell Jesus that even though my world was turned upside down, that I still loved Him dearly and could do nothing but trust Him in this. But most of the time, I just couldn't get the words out on my own. That's where these songs came in! Would you like to know what they were?? I was hoping you'd ask! Stay tuned for more, but for now here's Track 1...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fvSfrt6fUE

Come and listen, come to the water's edge, all you who know and fear the Lord.
Come and listen, come to the water's edge all you who are thirsty, come.

Let me tell you what He has done for me.
Let me tell you what He has done for me,
He has done for you,
He has done for us.

Come and listen,
Come and listen to what He's done.
Come and listen,
Come and listen to what He's done.

Praise our God for He is good.
Praise our God for He is good.
Praise our God for He is good.
Praise our God for He is good.

He has done for me,
He has done for you,
He has done for us.

Come and listen,
Come and listen to what He's done.
Come and listen,
Come and listen to what He's done.


No comments:

Post a Comment