Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lesson still being learned...

So I'm back to this blog again. Miss me? ha ;)
Anyway, I just found the following in my drafts folder. I don't know when it was written, sometime last summer I presume. Interesting how I'm still trying to learn the same lesson. BUT I can also notice a difference! God is ever so slowly, graciously, and patiently working on my heart. This waiting thing is REALLY hard to learn for me. The Lord is such a good teacher. :)
So here's what I wrote this past summer...

I don't enjoy being patient. I mean, I can be--but it's not very easy for me. I wouldn't call myself a controlling person, but I like to know what's going on. I like to be able to plan ahead so that I can help to avoid any possible issues or obstacles. Patience is ESPECIALLY hard when I don't understand what I'm waiting for. How am I supposed to plan then? It puts me out of my element--not so comfortable.

Maybe you can't relate to me so much in that first paragraph, but possibly in this: I think God can be the hardest Person to wait for. It's not very often that I know what I'm waiting for when it comes to Him. He might give me a glimpse or small nugget of an idea, but that's about it. Throughout the last couple years especially, I've realized that God has always pulled through for me. And yep, you guessed it--always in ways beyond what I could have imagined. It's just all about trust.
Trusting God that HE knows perfectly what's going on.
Trusting Him that there's a reason that I don't know.
Trusting Him that waiting on Him is a way for me to learn trust even MORE.
Trusting Him that His plan is perfect in all this.

This is like my Summer of 2012 self inspiring my Spring of 2013 self.
Three cheers for technology that saves writings forever in cyberspace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment