Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Running!!

I would consider myself somewhat of a runner, but this past semester it was definitely irregular. I'm excited that it's summer and I can get back into a regular running schedule again! Running is great. It's refreshing and it helps me be more productive with the rest of my day. Speaking of running...the following song is probably my all time favorite. I like to think that when I'm physically running and talking with Jesus, I am running towards Him spiritually. He satisfies my soul in a way nothing or no one else ever will. Ever since I got it on CD two Christmases ago, it has been the prayer of my heart. Some of the lyrics are found in Song of Songs--see if you can find them in there! :)


I hear the voice, the voice of the One I love
He's calling my name.

I hear the voice, the voice of the One I love
He's calling my name.


He's saying 
"Come up higher
and hear the angels sing.
Come up higher, my Beloved.
Come up higher and leave this world behind;
You find me to be beautiful."


I am running, running after You
You've become my soul's delight,
I am running, running after You
Here with You, I find my life.


I hear the voice, the voice of the one I love
He's calling my name.I hear you calling me, Jesus
I hear the voice, the voice of the one I love
He's calling my name.

One thing that I desire; this will I seek after--
To dwell in Your house forevermore.
Now I'm running after the thing that really matters--
You've become my joy and song



I find my joy in worshiping You, Lord.


Now listen to it on YouTube. Beautiful!! :) 
I'm praying that you, too, will run after the thing that really matters; that you find a special joy in worshiping the Lord today. 
Find your soul's delight in Him. Find your life in Him. 
May you gaze upon His beauty and may He be the one & only thing that you desire. 
Jesus always, always wants His Beloved to run after Him. He is always waiting for you. 
Seek after Him and find your joy and song! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment