Friday, March 30, 2012

Crucified with Christ

I was surprised with flowers Wednesday afternoon :) I'm waaay too spoiled. They sure are pretty though, huh? Spring is definitely in the air.

In other news...I've always felt somewhat "disconnected" from the crucifixion and resurrection story and I don't want to be. So I'm asking God to make it feel more relevant to me. He's in the works already by helping me to reflect more on the statement "crucified with Christ."
Galatians 2:20 "My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."


What if that statement was constantly true in my life? I would never be concerned with people-pleasing, but I would always be God-pleasing. I would never spread myself too thin, but I would always take time to rest in God. I wouldn't come up with excuses for not doing stuff, but I would always have awesome time management and prioritize my life around Jesus. I would never think nasty things about people who annoy me, but I would always benefit others with the words out of my mouth. I would never care what's in it for me, but I would always be a servant to others.


And yet, this is what is possible! I have received the Holy Spirit of the Son of God! Jesus Christ lives in my body by me trusting in Him. It's when I fail to trust in and rely on Him that my old self tries to take over again. 
My old sinful self was crucified on the cross right along with Jesus. Yet, unlike Jesus Christ, my old self did not rise again. Jesus is the only One who resurrected and is allowed to live in me. 

When I start to people-please or do too much or think nasty things or be selfish I need to remind myself and thank God that my old self died a long time ago. I need to learn to renounce those thoughts and remind my earthly body to trust in Jesus.

I've chosen You, Jesus and I'll never be the same. Thank You for what You've done. I know the only thing that's good in me is Jesus. Thank You for your reminder of crucifixion during this Lent season.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Beautifully said. You have a way with words. I always find it interesting how beautifully I pray when I write my prayer.

    ReplyDelete