Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Wee Bit Crispy

   Another day, starting off with another lazy morning :] Then around 10:30, Christa & I went to a pool/fitness center downtown. It was really nice and perfect weather. We stayed for around 2 hours and now have rosy cheeks. Lao people don't understand why us Americans with beautiful light skin want to make it darker. They all walk around with umbrellas. Christa & I think quite the opposite. :] So now we are happy to have a little color--and tomorrow we'll probably be getting even more! We're going to Vang Viang for 2 days. If the weather is nice enough, we'll go tubing down the river. I don't know what else we will do, but I'm excited!
    After the pool, Christa & I had lunch, showered, and went to her class at 2:00. Shortly after we got back from school, our entire house of girls went downtown for sticky rice with ice cream--sep lai lai! :] I think we're going there again with Heather & Kirsten. For those of you who don't know, Heather & Kirsten are my Dad's cousins who are coming to visit for a week. When they come, I finally get to start doing the "touristy" things around Vientiane. ;]
    So we had our meal in opposite order tonight, because after ice cream we went to an Indian & Pakistan Restaurant with Stephanie, Angie, and two other girls from church to celebrate Steph's birthday. Again, the food was very good. Then after, they were all going to go to Steph & Angie's house for cake & ice cream, but Christa & I opted out of a second dessert and came back here to pack. We're leaving at 6:15 tomorrow morning for our 4 hour trip to Vang Viang. We come back Saturday night in time to pick Heather up at the airport, and then Kirsten comes in Sunday morning.
   So my next post will probably be in the new year! Hope you all have a happy & safe ending to 2011! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment