Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Prayer of Jabez [part 2]

1 Chronicles 4:10 (NKJV)
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain.” So God granted what he requested.
Enlarge My Territory - Life without Limits
"Your territory begins with the places where you live and work...it also includes the people you are in a position to impact...and finally, your posessions--material belongings, but also your unique gifts & talents."


"When we plead with God to expand our borders, we're asking him to remove the limits on what we can do and who we can become. We're begging Him to throw wide open the doors of opportunity and enlarge our place in this world."

More? whoa...no, thankyou--I'm busy enough the way it is...
"Add two words behind more--For You. By asking God for more territory, we are really saying to God, 'Let me do more for You. Expand my territory so I can have a greater impact for You.'"



"Imagine how God feels when you, His child, come to Him expressing your desire to be given more so that you might use it to influence others for Him."
"Regardless of who you are or what season of life you're in, God wants you to step up to new opportunities to use the lessons you have learned and the talents He has given you . . . It doesn't matter what you have. What matters is that you bring it and place it in His hands to use in whatever way He desires."


"God allows people to step into our territory--or us into theirs--so that we can plant seeds that He can then water and cause to grow. Our job is to simply be on the lookout for these amazing encounters."


"Picture your entire territory in your mind right now--all the people, places, and possessions in your life. Thank God for all He has given you. Then tell Him you want Him to multiply it over and over."

No comments:

Post a Comment